Class levels A - B focus on developing middle school-aged students' abilities to analyze literature.
They have the skill to read but now it's time to interpret and start comprehending on subsurface levels.
In our classes we will focus on:
- Reading Comprehension
- Elements of Plot
- Character Analysis
- Creative Writing
Examples of books to be read include but are not limited to:
- City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- The Devil's Arithmetic by Jane Yolen